Re: gnome installation help

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijaya Mands <vijaykittu@yahoo.com>
To: gnome-list@gnome.org <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 7:30 PM
Subject: gnome installation help

>Hi!
>
>I just completed downloading the complete gnome sw.
>There were a number of GZ files. But i'm a bit confused where to start
>from.
>Can any one let me know from where I shall start compiling.
>Any installation tips ???
>
>Also it would be nice if there was a windoze type of installation
>procedure for linux. We are very much varied with the various
>installation and compilation systems here.
>
>Every one likes to have an automated installation procedure than ones
>own compiation.

    I know that there is supposed to be no such thing as a stupid question,
but
this one breaks that idiom. Geez...I can't even insult it, it speaks for
itself. Please,
please, PLEASE read some documentation before you ask questions. Especially
this question. You need to go back to Linux-Installation-HOWTO.