Re: Gnome and Sound

Unset the SUID bit on x11amp and start it with the command "esddsp
x11amp", so that x11amp will play through esd.  Now any esd
aware applications can play sounds at the same time.  If you want two
applications to use the sound device at once and have their results mixed,
you require some sort of server to do it for you, which is what esd does.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/