Re: A must when virtual screen > physical screen

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 11:06:46AM -0500, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> On  9 Mar, torben fjerdingstad scribbled:
> ->  I have my virtual screen bigger than the physical screen.
> ->
> ->  2) I have to pan to the bottom of the virtual screen to
> ->     reach the gnome panel.
>
> move the panel to the top?

Could it be located somewhere near the center !?

Usually I have 9 24x80 terminal windows with "default" font
filling the virtual screen area. Because they are difficult
for me to read, I use a lower resolution and the physical
screen is about 1/4 of the virtual screen area. I have had
it that way for almost 10 years, so I am used to the panning.

> ->  Suggestions:
> ->
> ->  1) E should be able to allow manual placement and eventually
> ->     place new windows inside the physical screen.
>
> how about looking at the configuration tool for E - middle mouse ont he
> root window "configuration" look around.. ooh presto.. "Place windows
> manually" checkbutton .. chekc it.. hit try or ok....

Thanks. I apologize for missing that.
E and gnome really have made huge progress in a short time.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Netdriftgruppen / Network Management Group

Tlf./Phone   +45 35 87 89 41        Mail:  UNI-C
Fax.         +45 35 87 89 90               Bygning 304
E-mail: torben.fjerdingstad@uni-c.dk       DK-2800 Lyngby