Re: E and Solaris 2.6 bugs

On 09 March, 1999 - raster@redhat.com sent me these 2,1K bytes:

> On  9 Mar, Glenn Kronschnabl scribbled:
> ->  2) everytime I try to change an E theme, it complains that another
> ->  enlightenment WM is running (which is wrong - I have verified this
> ->  _everytime_), and it doesn't matter if I hit cancel or ok, E proceeds to
> ->  lock up the entire X session, and I have to go to another terminal and
> ->  kill E - then everything works okay.
>
> ???? bafle.. E re-execs itself and shoudl lose its display connection
> thus not be the wm anymore for a brief period before restarting.

I have to say that I've only been compiling E a couple of times, just to
check the progress (machines too slow for E right now, fvwm2 works like
a charm).. And in a few of those tries (not all I think) E has had
problems restarting, saying that a WM is already running...

Could it be machine-speed? That E managed to restart before X dumped the
connection? I'm running it on a Sparcstation LX, a 50Mhz microsparc
(maybe 486/33 speed ..)

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå