E and Solaris 2.6 bugs

I have seen the following problems on E and Solaris 2.6

1) building E/epp fails because the Makefile doesn't include a
-R/usr/openwin/lib for -lXtst (note that this is done properly for all
other parts of E so I _know_ I am configuring E properly)

2) everytime I try to change an E theme, it complains that another
enlightenment WM is running (which is wrong - I have verified this
_everytime_), and it doesn't matter if I hit cancel or ok, E proceeds to
lock up the entire X session, and I have to go to another terminal and
kill E - then everything works okay.

3) Display problems - sometimes the refresh of windows gets screwed up
(i.e., they don't repaint themselves).  Even weirder, this only happens
with GNOME apps, Netscape doesn't exhibit this problem.  When I switched
to dtwm (not something I like to do), the repaint problem went away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn
--
Glenn R. Kronschnabl (but an Aggie at heart!)
Applied Research Laboratories, University of Texas at Austin