gnome and e

Hi,

I am using a combination of enlightenment and gnome.
When I try to use ethemes with this setup ie the handofgod the theme icons
cover up the gnome panel?
Is there any way around this??

Also with e I drag a program like mutt from the file manager to the desktop
and then edit the properties so it starts in an rxvt window and has a icon
associated with it.

It works fine until I shut down and restart enlightenment.
When it restarts the desktop icon is not there but when i start gmc it
miraculously appears???

Is this normal.

Thanks

Rick