Re: gnome and e

On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 20:11:14 Rick Knebel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a combination of enlightenment and gnome.
> When I try to use ethemes with this setup ie the handofgod the theme icons
> cover up the gnome panel?
> Is there any way around this??

Yeah, either move the panel to a different location or press "ctrl-alt-a" to
remove them thar buttons.

> Also with e I drag a program like mutt from the file manager to the desktop
> and then edit the properties so it starts in an rxvt window and has a icon
> associated with it.
>
> It works fine until I shut down and restart enlightenment.
> When it restarts the desktop icon is not there but when i start gmc it
> miraculously appears???
>
> Is this normal.

No, it's a session management bug.  Expect it to be fixed in a future release.
In the mean time, just keep clicking the File manager to get the icons back if
they fail to appear.

GMC is the application that handles dekstop icons, BTW.

Jesse D. Sightler
http://www3.pair.com/jsight/

"An honest answer can get you into a lot of trouble."
         - Anonymou