FW: Problem with libraries...

I've spent most of the last couple of days trying to figure out why I cannot
run gnome-linuxconf. As far as I know, I installed everything
according to the instructions. Yet when I run gnome-linuxconf, I get a
message like:

gnome-linuxconf: error in loading shared libraries
: cannot find symbol __register_frame_info

Any idea of what I may be missing here? Could anyone tell me where that
particular symbol is supposed to come from? Yes, I've run ldd on
gnome-linuxconf and I've been digging through all the libraries. But so
far, I haven't found anything. Rpm reports the version of of gnome-
linuxconf as being 0.17-3 and I'm running RedHat 5.2 with kernel 2.2.2.

Thanks, Torben

Dr. Torben Noerup Nielsen
HIGP, Keller Hall 304A
2565 The Mall, University of Hawaii