Can't login thru gdm

Hi,

On a failry standard Redhat 5.2 with Gnome 1.0 rpms. I couldn't find
much information on how to use gdm. The config file was explained pretty
nicely though.

I modified run level 5 on the inittab like this.

x:5:respawn:gdm

Then get in to run level 5 with /sbin/telinit 5

Soon X starts with gdm. When I try to login as any user I get an error
message like this in /var/log/debug. And I did enter the password
correctly.

gdm[779]: Couldn't authenticate petril

This is not a major problem for me as I don't usually use run level 5,
but I would be nice to have this corrected.

Petri

--

Petri Lehtonen <onaias@iki.fi>