Re: Where do apps go when you click the minimize button?

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 11:42:29AM -0800, Jason Love was heard to say:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a gnome newbie, and I have scoured through documentation, but ther is no
> reference to the buttons on the app title bar, mainly, the "minimize"
> buttone (the "_").
>
> When I click that, the application dissapears completely.  It doesn't appear
> to "minimize" anywhere visually, and either I don't know how to properly
> switch between desktops or I just dont know where to look for the minimized
> app.  I can never find the app that I minimized.  Alt-tabbing doesn't work.
> (btw, my WM is Enlightenment)

  It sounds like you're running the Gnome Pager--looks kinda like the Win95
'taskbar'.  If you are, minimized windows get stuck there; otherwise, they get
big ugly hard-to-miss icons.  Minimized windows have a foot stuffed into a
box (don't ask me why) as their icon in the pager.  Just click on one to
unminimize it.

  Daniel

--
  "People would panic?"
  "Very briefly, I'm afraid."

     -- The dangers of colliding with a star examined;
           Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantasic_