lil help

Ive been battling Gnome and E for 2 days... maybe you guys can help...

Today I started from scratch and things were going ok, until I hit
compiling gnome-core.

After I configure, the make gives me the following error...

make[3]: execvp: ../idl/help-browser.idl: Permission denied
make[3]: *** [help-browser.h] Error 127

Now, Ill be the first to tell you that I don't know alot about this:)
Hence the reason Im learning... Anyway, I checked obvious things, making
the help-browser.idl file 644... didn't make any difference (making it
executable produces nifty results...)

Any hints?  While waiting for responses Im going to delete my source and
redownload it, because it compiled last night (but didn't run...)

Cory Watson
Computer Cafe Internet Services