Congratulations on 1.0!

Hello fellow hackers,

    Congratulations on the release of the first public version of
GNOME!  People at LinuxWorldExpo had a chance to see your work and
were quite impressed by the results.

    The Red Hat booth was running a few machines with the whole GNOME
setup: gdm/panel/gmc and plenty of our toys with a collections of
themes that Raster brought to the show.

    The FSF booth had three machines running the GNOME desktop as well
as a pool table, a football table and some chairs, so it served as a
hacker lounge.

    The artwork of Tigert and Raster was highly appreciated, and once
again, the backing technology we had placed on the project caught the
attention of various persons: from the most basic foundation libraries
to the most high level components.

    The input we received at the show was quite good, I wish we could
have had a celebration with all of the GNOME users and the GNOME
team.

    Raph had a presentation on the GNOME canvas and libArt on
wednesday and it drew quite a bit of attention from very different
segments of programmers.  Michael, Chris, Federico, George, Dave,
Raph, Jay, Jonathan, Owen, Raster and Tim were answering people's
questions and showing GNOME to many people.

    We did have a great time, and various sessions of idea-sharing
which I will be posting about soon.

   I would like to congratulate and thank the whole GNOME team for
their intense and constant effort on making all this happen.

Congrats!
Miguel.