appletfactory applets don't come back in the next session?

Hi!

I was puzzled why a few applets added to the panel aren't there on the
next login.  It seems these are the ones which are of the
"appletfactory" type, for example, the drivemount applet, the
mailcheck & clock applet.  According to goad-browser, the
"appletfactory" program runs, but the actual (child?) applet, which does
the visible work, doesn't.  Is this intentional?

I'm using gnome-session, it starts panel and icewm.

--
Janos - Don't worry, my address is real.  I'm just bored of spam.