gdm still broken

I just downloaded and installed the new RPM for gdm, version 1.0.0-2. It
at least contains the old documentation that was omitted from version
1.0.0-1, but still cannot authenticate any users.

As far as I can tell by the documentation, all my paths and permissions
are correct. Is this still a live bug in gdm, or some weird packaging
problem? How can I fix it?
--

"Only one who has mastered a tradition has a right to attempt to add to
it or to rebel against it." -Chaim Potok, _My Name Is Asher Lev_