Re: How do I start GNOME without E?!

I wrote:

> > I just installed GNOME from rpms and found out that gnome-session
> > wants to use E as the default window manager.
--snip--
 I gather the information for what window manager to [use] is

---Tim Lewis <tlewis@digaudio.com> wrote in reply:

> I believe the file you seek is /usr/share/default.session.  Open it
and
> change the 'enlightenment' entry to windowmaker.  Be sure it is the
name
> of the executable and it is on your path.  Should do it.

Unfortunately, GNOME still didn't start, Instead I got the error
message:

SESSION_MANAGER=local/jjlinux.jwramsey:/tmp/.ICE-unix/3575,
tcp/jjlinux.jwramsey:5302

Unable to connect to server port 35091
This generally means that the program could not talk to the esound
server

Priority 00:  Starting     Id = default0
Priority 00:  Cloning      Id = default0
Priority 00:  Registering  Id = (null)

Of course gnome-session can't connect to esound, since I don't have
it, but how do I tell gnome-session not try to connect to esound?

==

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----