RE: Mouse actions

>left button does menu
>middle button is configurable
>right button is the context menu

<nitpicking>
You mean one button for menu, other for context and another for direct /
forced /fast action. Please do not use exact names (or say they are a
example). Not flaming you, just trying to avoid the typical "I like middle"
"No, left".
</nitpicking>:]

>There also a menu or capplet for key excelerators
>      ALT  SHIFT  CTL
>copy   X     0     0
>move   0     X     0
>link   0     0     X
>So if you hold down alt when middle draging it forces copy, if you hold down
>shift durring the drag it moves, or whatever you have configured.

Better than my initial idea. Your "force via key" or "use the alone setting"
is really interesting.

Choose button-task relation:                 Things to do with fast button:
                  1 2 3                       alone       alt  shift  ctrl
     CML menu     X O O                         O   copy   O     O     X
     Fast action  O X O       _ Left handed     O   move   O     X     O
     Context menu O O X                         X   link   X     O     O

Looks nice. And I hope it is intuitive placed this way.
Everybody will be able to do things in any reasonable way (I hope).

>I agree with the simple rules. In windows, I allways use right drag because
>it propmts me. I can never be shure what it is doing with the left drag.

I try to use keys (c-c, c-v, c-x) or menus too.

Good idea the changing pointer. A small word would be enough (or 3 - 4
letters if the languaje is really long). Icons too, but the word would be
easy to understand: move, copy, link (Spanish mover, copiar, enlazar, just
thinking how they will look here).
Btw: the good reason is that user gets feedback, not that you could be using
another user account (thats a bad habbit, and once you customize your
environment it becomes a PITA for others).

Only Kevin says things? Theme closed (in which direction)?

GSR