How do I start GNOME without E?!

I just installed GNOME from rpms and found out that gnome-session
wants to use E as the default window manager. Frankly I don't see the
point in downloading E so I can start up GNOME so I can use the
control-center or whatnot to change the window manager to Window
Maker. I gather the information for what window manager to you is
stored in some config file, but where?

Could someone show me what to tweak?

P.S. it might not be a bad idea to have an option for gnome-session
like this

gnome-session --defaultwm 'SomethingWM --cute-options'

as a means of changing the default WM.

==

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----