RE: Mouse actions

I like the idea of key board stuff. Hmm... maby a combination of the 2
ideas.

left button does menu
middle button is configurable
right button is the context menu

The middle button is configurable through a D&D menu with radio buttons for
COPY
MOVE
LINK

There also a menu or capplet for key excelerators
      ALT  SHIFT  CTL
copy   X     0     0
move   0     X     0
link   0     0     X

So if you hold down alt when middle draging it forces copy, if you hold down
shift durring the drag it moves, or whatever you have configured.

I agree with the simple rules. In windows, I allways use right drag because
it propmts me. I can never be shure what it is doing with the left drag.