Re: SuSE 6.0 RPMs available

On  5 Mar, Jan Gentsch wrote:
> After long nights work they are ready. You can get RPMS for SuSE 6.0 now
> at:
>
>     http://gnome.linuxbe.org/
>     http://ifmpc118.ifm.uni-hamburg.de/gnome.html (very slow)
>
> and propably later this day from:
>

> http://www.tu-harburg.de/skf/Pub/ifmpc118.ifm.uni-hamburg.de/gnome.html
>
> Our test runs indicate, that they should install without problems.
>
> Have fun,
> Jan

Jan-

Many thanks for the information.  I am somewhat concerned about having
previously compiled gtk/glib 1.2 and seeing that now they are required
and are available as rpm files.  Am I right in assuming that rpm will
be looking for glib and gtk in a different location and that I should
go ahead and do the rpm upgrade for these as well as the rest of the
files?  It took me awhile to get SuSE 6 able to configure and compile
gnome applications, so I am somewhat concerned about this process.

Thanks.
--
Michael Perry
mperry@basin.com