Re: gdm submission

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:30:38 +0000 (GMT)
>>>>> Matthew Kirkwood <weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> said:

 Matthew> A secure attention key(-combination) is required for C2, I
 Matthew> believe.

 Matthew> (Unless it has broken itself), NT guarantees to give you a
 Matthew> login or "logout/lock screen/task manager/etc" thing which
 Matthew> is _not a trojan_ when you give it the TFS..

That makes some sense. Thanks for the insight.

 Matthew> Also - CAD to login is not a bad thing to enforce.

Well, on PCs CAD meant reboot for quite some time. Breaking this
assumption gratuitously is bad. Alt-SysReq serves as well.

 Matthew> I'd have thought that it would be better as a window manager
 Matthew> feature (icewm can already do some of this).

Since the wm runs as a user this wouldn't give you quite that much
security from trojans. I think hooking the right program into init
would be the best choice.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>