Re: enlightenment & gnome window placement - solution?

>     Edit the actionclasses.cfg file for you specific theme. You may
have to
> untar the tarball or .etheme file. In there, it tells what program
to launch
> when you push a button. For every program, you can specify geometry
> coordinates. I don't know the exact syntax, but it is done like:
(height,
> width, x-coord, y-coord).

You're telling me to specify a geometry for every single X application
I run?  No.  That would take me hours.
Even if I could figure out a way to hack a window placement for every
app in E that solved the problem with the panel being at the top of
the screen, it wouldn't be solving the _real_ problem of intelligent
window placement depending on whether I'm running the panel or not.

I put forth the statement that handling window placement with the
panel should be a requirement for a window manager's GNOME compliance.

I once read in an interview with Miguel that one of the points of
GNOME was to solve the little irritations that Windows users feel.  He
cited having to double click on a taskbar thing to configure it, but
only having to click once on other things. (sorry for my poor memory)

Intelligent window placement is a far more serious issue, and one that
should be addressed.
==
levanti
levanti@verbum.org (for non-list mail)