Re: gedit-0.5.1

Quoting Matthias Warkus (mawarkus@t-online.de):
> Got this trying to compile the most recent version of gEdit:
>
> gedit.c: In function `main':
> gedit.c:173: incompatible type for argument 5 of `gnome_CORBA_init'
> gedit.c:173: too many arguments to function `gnome_CORBA_init'
> gedit.c:177: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
> gedit.c:195: warning: passing arg 2 of `g_slist_foreach' from incompatible pointer type
> make[2]: *** [gedit.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mawa/download/gedit-0.5.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mawa/download/gedit-0.5.1'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> What's the reason? (libgnorba/ORBit version conflict) Is there a fix other
> than compiling gEdit without CORBA support?
gEdit doesnt have CORBA support enabled by default, it's a feature for plugins
(Martin Baulig was working on it).. i am guessing that you ran configure with the
--with-gmodule-plugins and --enable-orbit options.. these options enable usage of
CORBA, but this feature is untested right now, and development seems to have stopped
on it (Martin? any ideas if you are gonna work on this? or is it safe for me to rip
the code out.. or at least temporarlly remove the configure options?).

If this isnt due to configure options, then you must have an old version of ORBit,
if this is true i can only reccommend that you upgrade it.

I hope this helps.
--
 /- bse@dial.pipex.com - Alex Roberts - http://bsenet.cjb.net -\
 | ***** The New Breed of gEdit is  here ** gEdit 0.5.1  ***** |