Re: proper gnome startup procedure

Roger,
I found that I was able to correct this same problem by adding my
machine name as an alias to localhost in my /etc/hosts file, i.e.:

127.0.0.1    localhost <my_machine_name>

One way to test your current setup is to try to ping your machine name.
Mine did not ping properly until I made the change in hosts.

If this is in error, could someone out there please correct me?
Thanks,
Tim