>>>>> "Dale" == Dale Anderson <> writes:

Dale> I am trying to connect to my RH6.0 machine running GNOME,
Dale> from a Windows95 machine running the Excede WM software.  I
Dale> have checked, and GDM is confugred for XDMCP.  What would
Dale> cause me not to be able to connect ????  All the networking
Dale> setups are correct, IP, routes, etc.

gdm1 is somewhat broken wrt. XDMCP. A quick fix is to enable

For real XDMCP use I suggest you check out the gdm2 module from

The FORWARD_QUERY property of the XDMCP protocol is supported as of
yesterday. That should solve the connection problems from Windows
boxen and some X terminals.

Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK