Re: logo

Evan DiBiase wrote:
> [...]

(many other ideas deleted)

> I like "100% GNU." I mean, GNU's already a recursive acronym, we don't need
> two ;)

I agree. Besides, I haven't seen anything yet that doesn't sound forced.
If we must have a "cute" factor, I suggest something like "110% GNU" or
something like that.

For mere identification, I think brevity and clarity are preferable to
cuteness or fitness to an "agenda." When we all get on the committee
together to put it in cardboard boxes, complete with shrinkwrap and
annoying "register now!" business reply cards, then we can hack out
something that sells. In the meantime, I suggest making the actual GNU
"mark" something as meaningful and short.

Examples: the new Debian logo (and the "Official Debian" name, which
isn't new), FireWire(TM), and just about anything Microsoft has come up
with. (So they suck at software development: their prowess at marketing
is undeniable.) :)