Re: GBackup

My current backup status is pending some more SLR 4 tapes, but my plan is
to actually use tar in combination with find to actually put the data to
the drive. For GBackup, I'd recommend that there be two settings: server
backup and backup solution. Backup solution would work with something like
Amanda to handle backing up an entire network. Amanda has been around a
long time, and frankly, it doesn't make sense (IMNSHO) to start from
ground level when they have something so fully featured.

On the other hand, as I discovered, Amanda is horrific overkill for a
single-server backup. For this type of system, doing a simple script is
much better.

However, with my current projects, I have little time to actually work on
this other than conceptually. I'm going to bounce this over to the
gnome-list and see what they think; perhaps we can get the ball rolling
and let freer hands manage it.

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net