Re: Some things GNOME really needs

-> On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, James Henstridge wrote:

-> Very nice. Except that it doesn't seem to know that I've installed
-> gnomeicu.. I know that I have - it's running right now - but it says
-> "Installation date: Not installed". Silly thing.
->
Thats rpm being silly :)
[gregm@tweetie i386]$ pwd
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
[gregm@tweetie i386]$ ls xscreensaver-3.*
xscreensaver-3.07-1.i386.rpm  xscreensaver-3.09-1.i386.rpm
xscreensaver-3.08-1.i386.rpm  xscreensaver-3.16-1.i386.rpm
[gregm@tweetie i386]$ rpm -q xscreensaver
xscreensaver-3.16-1
[gregm@tweetie i386]$ rpm -q xscreensaver
xscreensaver-3.16-1
[gregm@tweetie i386]$ rpm -qi xscreensaver
Name: xscreensaver                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 3.16                              Vendor: Jamie Zawinski
<jwz@jwz.org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri Jun 25 21:54:04
1999
Install date: Fri Jun 25 21:57:32 1999      Build Host: tweetie.comstar.net
Group: X11/Utilities                 Source RPM:
xscreensaver-3.16-1.src.rpm
Size: 5031631                          License: BSD
Packager: Gregory McLean <gregm@gnu.org>
A modular screen saver and locker for the X Window System.
Highly customizable: allows the use of any program that
can draw on the root window as a display mode.
More than 100 display modes are included in this package.
[gregm@tweetie i386]$ rpm -qip xscreensaver-3.16-1.i386.rpm
Name: xscreensaver                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 3.16                              Vendor: Jamie Zawinski
<jwz@jwz.org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri Jun 25 21:54:04
1999
Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: tweetie.comstar.net
Group: X11/Utilities                 Source RPM:
xscreensaver-3.16-1.src.rpm
Size: 5031631                          License: BSD
Packager: Gregory McLean <gregm@gnu.org>
A modular screen saver and locker for the X Window System.
Highly customizable: allows the use of any program that
can draw on the root window as a display mode.
More than 100 display modes are included in this package.
[gregm@tweetie i386]$

So if you query the package file its never installed. But if you query the
package its installed.

I guess that makes some sort of sense. *shrug*

-> Tim Allen
->
->
-> --