Re: Some things GNOME really needs

> When it comes to installing gnome from rpm, I'd see a very important place
> for a wizard/script which simply downloads rpms and does rpm -Uvh foo.rpm
> to each package in the appropriate order, starts gnome and helps the user
> set up some things (like walk the user through gnomecc) if it is a first
> time install.

i agree on this!
rpm install is some tips really pain in the ****
when u get lots of failed dependencies and force
so a install script would be great which checks for all libraries
or a gnome-complete-package with ./install in it ...
and a gnome programm which connectes to the net and fetches the
updates..perhaps where you could probably even select
stable / unstable cvs??

what do u think about....

the installation shoudl really improve..