Re: multiple gnome-sessions on different machines

>From: Tony.Lill@ajlc.waterloo.on.ca

>gnome-session will take a single argument, which is the name of a
>session. Change the call to gnome-session to something like:
>
>exec gnome-session `uname -n`
>
>Unfortunately, you will have to manually create the new sessions in
>your .gnome/session file by copying the [Default] section and changing
>Default to whatever uname spits out.

Ahhhhh....

I think I see in this response a means to support different panels on different
desktops using multiple displays with Gnome...  Could work quite nicely if each
panel is also given a different Session-* directory to work with...

Problem is it requires gnome-session, which currently, on Solaris, seems to want
to use about 75% of my CPU =OZ

Can someone explain what and how the panel args --sm-config-prefix and
--sm-client-id actually *do*, and whether they're effective if session
management isn't running itself?

Thanks,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'         "Everything is true, for a given value of 'true'" - PTerry