Re: libpng, mlib and Enlightenment ..<SOS>:-).

-----Original Message-----
From: Peetam <pool200@ibm.net>
To: gnome-list@gnome.org <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Date: Monday, June 21, 1999 5:13 AM
Subject: libpng, mlib and Enlightenment ..<SOS>:-).

>I have the newest available version of the PNG libraries
>v1.0.3
>(let me know if I am wrong on this part.) and when I try to configure the
>mlib libraries  it complains that they are too old.

Did you install libpng from sources, or as a binary package?  Has it been
installed before (perhaps as part of a system install)?

The most common cause I've seen for this type of error is having multiple
versions of libraries (or their associated config files) installed.

I'd do a "find / -name '*png*' | grep 'lib'" and see what it spits out, and
then delete any files associated with older versions of the library.  Or, if
this is on Linux, you may want to try using your distribution's package
management facility to completely remove the older version of the library
(on Debian, this would be "dpkg --purge --force-depends libpng"; don't know
what the equivalent RPM command would be).

Or you could just use the brute force approach and delete *all*
libpng-related files and reinstall from the latest sources.

HTH:-)

Dave Neuer