Re: Theory question on desktop and gmc

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Richard Cohen wrote:

> >. The cursor is clipped to the top of the screen, so
> > however much you roll the mouse, the cursor is on the menus - effectively,
> > they are infinitely high, so they're real easy to hit. The panel is the
> > same - the arrow-buttons are also effectively infinite, because of their
> > position.
>
> On my machine, the panel seems to have an unclickable (1 pixel?) border at the
> edge of the screen, sot the arrow-buttons are rather less than infinite.  I know
> that someone has mentioned this before - is it the responsibility of the
> panel, gtk, Enlightenment ... ?

Oh well, it works here, under WindowMaker (I have an edge panel on the
right, and a corner panel on the lower left, horizontal). The Window Maker
dock, however, always hovered one pixel away from the edge of the screen,
and it annoyed me immensely. If you put on a bright wall paper, and a dark
GTK theme, can you see a bright stripe between the panel and the edge of
the screen?

Tim Allen,
no solutions, just interesting questions.