Re: Text processor

I have to agree with you Robin.  I'm a writer myself and I end up using
Star Office or Word Perfect to write.  Now, don't get me wrong - I really
like both of those applications!  But it would be so nice to have an
efficient text editor, in gnome, that wasn't geared towards developers.

I like emacs.  I use emacs when I deal with what little programming
language I know - but trying to use e-macs for basic text editing is a bit
of a waist of such a powerful tool.

Take, for instance, gedit.  If gedit were altered, only slightly, it could
make for a strong contender for a text editor.  Add a more functional
word wrap feature, some simple formatting (bold, italics,
underline)  and wham!  Instant text editor.  These features would not,
even slightly, detract from it's simplistic nature - nor it's ease and
power.

\||/  J   A   C   K     W   A   L   L   E   N,   J   R.
 00   a prince -nay KING - among spookables
  >   get jack'd at www.techrepublic.com and get a clue!
 _    L     I     N     U     X  - the power of the people