Black PNG Problem Resolved - 1 Problem Left

Well... it looks like I got that black PNG background problem resolved. Thanks
go out to all who helped me out - there were some _old_ (1.0.97) PNG libs in
/lib that were causing all the trouble. My new GNOME desktop is very nice, but
there's one thing that still doesn't work: The Window Manager control panel
applet. It just doesn't show up. Is this a bug, or another one of my dumb
problems?

Thanks,
Evan