Re: Theory question on desktop and gmc

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Hi all. I thought up something the other day and was trying to figure it
> >  out. Currently in gnome gmc and the desktop appear to be the same
> >  program (ie if you want desktop icons, gmc has to be running, even
> >  though you have no windows open. Also, every time gmc crashes (which is
> >  fairly often) all the desktop icons disappear and are then recreated
> >  when gmc respawns). Why is this? Wouldn't it be a better idea to have a
> >  sepereate, small program to manage the desktop icons and have it run gmc
> >  when someone clicks on "Home Directory" or something similar?
>
> If MC crashes, it is a bug.  Please tell us how to reproduce it so
> that we can fix it.
>
> It may be a good idea to do the separation you propose.  Right now the
> file manager is being rewritten/cleaned up so that we can have a
> better organization.

	I don't think this is a good idea, actualy I think it is a bad one. The
desktop should, and even thougth it resides in the same app (gmc) it
does not now, act exactly as a folder act. And for me itīs a bad idea to
have two programs doing basicly the same thing.

--
"You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland,
and I'll show you how deep the rabit hole goes", Morpheus.

[]'s Victor Bogado da Silva Lins

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature