Re: Basic Questions

Fetch(mail|pop) are nice... BUT... their intent isn't exactly what you
want in something that just checks to see what your status is. I plan on
writing a quick Perl script to log into a POP server (I can always add
IMAP later) and run through the messages with a TOP and grab the Status:
lines off of that.

Should I use Net::POP3 or code the socket connection myself (ie, for those
out there who would use it, do you have or can you install Net::POP3
easily)?

After it cycles through and TOPs the messages, it will issue an RSET. For
mail servers that may auto-delete messages on reading, this will help
avoid that, though I don't know of many that change status based off of
the TOP command.

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net