need help with dialup networking and disk access

Problem 1: Can someone please tell me how to setup dialup networking
     in GNOME.
Problem 2: For some strange resion I can't access my CD-ROM or my
      floppy drive without having to go and change the fstab
file first. I allways get an error that says "wrong file
system type" or something like that. It works after i
change the fstab.