Re: guppi problem

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Thomas Shannon wrote:
(cut of much useful information)

> I thought I'd worked around this by including the .x files in the .tar.gz
> distribution, so you don't have to generate them. However, if you 'make
> clean,' you will probably blow away the .x files and the Makefile won't
> know how to regenerate them.

That was it.  I was having trouble getting a file which I believe was
called "dataimport" to compile.  I commented it out of the Makefile
and did a "make clean", then tried to make the program with out it.

I'm afraid this was the only solution I could find as the problem was
beyond me.  I'll try to recompile the program with the offending file
and send you the output.  Perhaps you can figure it out.

Tom
Quote of the day for Sunday, 13 June, 1999:

"It is more shameful to mistrust one's friends than to be deceived
by them."

  - La Rochefoucauld