Pager doesn't bring window to front

I've just re-installed Redhat Linux, moving to 6.0 from 5.2.  I've got Gnome
installed from the Redhat CD and find an interesting Gnome behavior.  When I
click on an application in the Gnome pager it gives focus to the window but
doesn't bring it to the front.  I remember the window coming to the front in
5.2.

I'm using Enlightenment window manager and have played with settings in both
Gnome and Enligthenment to no avail.  Am I missing something (boy, there's
an invite, eh?).