Gnome & WindowMaker - may try it again

I used to be a devout window maker user, but when I started using gnome
I couldn't make them play well together. The different panels/docks &
desktop icons seemed to conflict with each other - one hides behind the
other and makes things look both sloppy and hard to get to. I was
running 0.52.0 at the time. So, I started using Enlightenment. Nice, but
I still like WM's docks.

One of the things I miss is the ability to have different docks (with
different icon sets) in each window. So I could have one with just the
basic utilities such as netscape, tik... another with graphics and wp
tools and another with games and distractions. Can't figure out how to
do that with Gnome/Enlightenment.

Another thing that seems strange is that with some apps (tik most
notable) they seem to create windows slowly and respond slowly to
changes.

If anyone has a clean working WM (any version) and Gnome setup, I'd be
interested in any tweaks made.

Thanks,
Kevin

Have things changed enough for me to reconsider?
--
Kevin der Kinderen
icq: 9219322	aim: kkinderen