Re: can't logout from gnome-session

Tom Gilbert wrote:

> That's what I meant by freeze. Gnome rarely ceases to respond
> altogether. I meant the failure to log out. Sorry. But save-session --kill
> will close gnome in this eventuality. Doing a shutdown from gnome kills it
> without giving it a chance to save settings, which isn't a polite thing to
> do. Try save-session --kill, you won't risk corrupting gnome by shutting
> down abrubtly.

Thanks for the info. I'll put it in my tips sheet.

> ->I have core 1.0.5-2  and libs 1.0.10-2 from:
> ->ftp://ftp.inconnect.com/pub/unix/linux/redhat-6.0/contrib-updates/
> ->I'm assuming this is the best place to get the latest RPM's.
>
> The best place I've come across. If you want bleeding edge though, you
> either install from tarball or delve into CVS. Core's now up to 1.0.6, but
> I'm sure it'll be up there in rpm format pretty soon if you're patient.
>
> Tom.

Tks. I'll be patient and just follow along. I don't know enough to make any bug
reports.
Maybe someone can start a Gnome news group for us newbies to ask our foolish
questions? The German one doesn't like english speaking people. :(
There's lots of stuff not working right, but I'm not sure if it Gnome related
or not. Maybe it's just my setup. I've added KDE. The mouse action is not as
ragged and things seem to go faster and smoother than Gnome. Still not as fast
as win95 on my P133 w/24meg though.

John