Re: GMC and Root Access [suggestion]
- From: Paul Warren <pdw ferret lmh ox ac uk>
- To: James Green <gnome cyberstorm demon co uk>
- cc: gnome-list gnome org, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Re: GMC and Root Access [suggestion]
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:00:31 +0100 (GMT)
On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, James Green wrote:
> I have a series of files stored on a DOS partition written to by NT4. As
> NT4 uses long filenames, all is well with GMC and the cmd line 'rm'
> commands until either comes across a file beginning '- ' (dash space blah)
> at which point GMC reports a permissions error occured (run as root) while
> 'rm' says no arguement allowed or something. NOTE that MC correctly
> manages to delete the file, GMC and 'rm' don't.
rm thinks that you're trying to pass it an option. rm './- filename'
will work. Dunno about gmc...
] [Thread Prev