From: Sri Ramkrishna [mailto:sri@aracnet.com]
Sent: 09 June 1999 07:19
To: Havoc Pennington
Cc: "recipient.list.not.shown"
Subject: Re: Changing fonts in Gnome applications

> Yes, this is an excellent area for patch submission. :-)

:-) Now if we could just get a contest in which every patch gives you a
coupon for a free beer. :-)

> It's actually a bit tricky, because you have to machine-edit gtkrc which
> wasn't really designed for that... I'm not sure it should be part of the

Perhaps that is something that is something we can approach the gtk team?
Although I'm not sure I agree that gtkrc isn't design for machine-edit.
The syntax is fairly well defined that you could possibly consistently
able to output code for it.  It would be nice if there was some
application that would automatically let you you configure your windows
substantially without having to do them by hand.

> themes control panel either, it seems to me that "Colors & Fonts" should
> be a separate page (both to keep the size of the themes page under
> control, and so people can easily find it).

Yes, thats a good idea.

> But it's ultimately up to whoever submits the code. ;-)

As long as it's consistent!

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/