Annoying gmc bug?

Using WindowMaker 0.60 installed from an i386.rpm on a standard Red
Hat 6.0 install.  Kernel is 2.3.3.

This may be a little tough to explain.  I have WindowMaker set to
CirculateRaise.  When I start several programs including gmc, this
works fine.  As you circulate through the windows, the next window is
raised, given focus and color no matter where the mouse is.

Now I start a new gmc window from the old one.  When I CirculateRaise,
the new window will take the colormap but won't take the focus unless
the mouse is over it.  The old window still has the focus.  This is
not true of other windows from other programs.  For instance, an xterm
will take the colormap and focus no matter where the mouse is.  It
seems that only one of the gmc windows can have focus and it follows
the mouse no matter which one has the colormap.

Does this happen with other window managers?

Tom
-------
Quote of the day for Wednesday, 9 June, 1999:

"The charm of television entertainment is its ability to bridge the
chasm between dinner and bedtime without mental distraction."

  - Russell Baker