Re: Some Thoughts/Rewrite of specs

Yes I think that a rewrite would be very nice, but I also think that
we should drop the name 'GNOME compliant' and replace it with something
like 'GNU hints compliant', since the specs should not be tied to gnome.
For instance the XFCE desktop environment also use the current gnome-specs.
We should then cooperate with other teams like that of the KDE,
and make some specs for making a wm 'GNU hints level 1 compliant' and
'GNU hints level 2 compliant' and then both the GNOME and the KDE team
can use the same hints

This will make it way easier for for wm authors to support KDE and GNOME,
and further promote cooperation between the two teams

'GNU hints level 1 compliant' will be the standard hints, and level 2 will
include stuff like CORBA compliance

Kenneth