Cannot execute csh scripts from gmc/desktop

I have a csh script that sets some environment variables and then executes an X
application. The first line is
#!/bin/csh -f

When I type the name of the script in an xterm window it runs fine. When I
double click on it in gmc, or double click on a desktop shortcut to it, nothing
happens.

I've look at the csh mime type. All boxes are empty. I've tried to enter things
in the Open With box such as %run %f, but nothing happens (is there any
documentation for this btw?). When I enter /bin/csh %f I get an error message.

Is there something wrong with my setup, or is there something else I can do to
sort this out? Any help much appreciated. I would like to use gnome as my
standard desktop.

Cheers

Albert