Re: Gnome session mgmt vs WindowMaker-gnome session mgmt (Debian Potato)

There is a property called WM_ROLE that applications should set on windows
where they have more than one window matching a WM_NAME/WM_CLASS pair.

It is the applications problem if the (name,class,role) is not unique.
Currently there is not many (any?) GNOME applications that set the WM_ROLE
property, so a window manager can't be expected to get these window's
placement correct.  Where there is only a single window matching a
particular (name,class) pair, the window manager should match it correctly
even if there is no WM_ROLE property set on that window.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/