Re: Two Reboots in Two Days

"Bhola N. De" wrote:

> I am using RedHat 6.0 with newest updates of Gnome.  Most of the times,
> I have no problem.  I keep getting the following error messages (by
> doing Ctrl-Alt-F1 to go to the terminal followed by Ctrl-Alt-F7 to
> return back to X-window), even though Gnome  runs and is functional:

  <snip>
> .._X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

I had this problem.  My problem happened when I was messing around
with XF86Setup.  Somehow I changed my video settings so X was linked
to the wrong X server (SVGA instead of S3).  Whenever X would try
to start, it would immediatley die, and I would see tons of error
messages.  For me, re-linking X to the correct X server fixed all my
problems.

--
Matthew W. Herbert   x75764
Cabletron Systems, Inc.