Two Reboots in Two Days

I am using RedHat 6.0 with newest updates of Gnome.  Most of the times,
I have no problem.  I keep getting the following error messages (by
doing Ctrl-Alt-F1 to go to the terminal followed by Ctrl-Alt-F7 to
return back to X-window), even though Gnome  runs and is functional:

Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
aborting...
xinit:  connection to X server lost.

waiting for X server to shut down
Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
aborting...
.xterm:  fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server
":0.0"

Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
aborting...

Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x34001af unexpectedly destroyed

Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
aborting...
.._X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
Enlightenment cannot connect to the display nominated by
your shell's DISPLAY environment variable. You may set this
variable to indicate which display name Enlightenment is to
connect to. It may be that you do not have an Xserver already
running to serve that Display connection, or that you do not
have permission to connect to that display. Please make sure
all is correct before trying again. Run an Xserver by running
xdm or startx first, or contact your local system
administrator, or Xserver vendor, or read the X, xdm and
startx manual pages before proceeding.

Has anybody seen these?  What is the workaround?

Thx.

--
  ^    ^