Re: How can I improve stability of my GNOME installation?

On 6 Jun 1999 14:32:39 -0400, James Ramsey <jjramsey_6x9eq42@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Sigh. It seems like every time I try GNOME I cut myself on the bleeding
>edge. My latest problem has been the panel dumping core when I dragged
>a window from one virtual desktop to the next. I stopped using GNOME
>after that, and am using KDE as I type this.
>
>I'd like to use GNOME again, though, if I can find a way to get it
>decently stable. I've been thinking of uninstalling my current GNOME
>installation, with gnome-core-1.0.5, gnome-libs-1.0.9,
>control-center-1.0.5, and gmc-4.5.31, and installing the GNOME rpms
>from Red Hat 6.0. (Between the time of my last GNOME crash and today, I
>upgraded to Red Hat 6.0.)
>
>Are there any steps I can take to insure a clean, stable GNOME
>installation that doesn't crash under daily use?

If you haven't filed a good old bug report, now would be the time to do it...
:-) We can't fix it until someone gives all the details on the problem (the
above is a good start).

http://bugs.gnome.org/

Thanks,
-- Elliot
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
	- Sign carried outside US embassy.