Re: memory issues

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 01:56:45PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> How much RAM and swap space do you have?

I have 24M RAM and ~45M swap but that shouldn't be the problem.  It runs fine
for a while, but then starts to go crazy.  I've been trying to identify the
point at which it happens, but I hvae not been able to reproduce it.  I mean,
it happens every time but I cannot deliberately _make_ it happen.  Although I
did notice today that it happpened very soon after I started configuring my
background image, I doubt that there is any real useful information that can
be gotten from this but I don't think it is specifically the background
properties capplet, if anything it is some bizare bug in some image loading
routine(s) somewhere.

BTW I had these same problems with the gnome RPMs from redhat-6.0 as well as
the updated ones that I am running now, but I did not have these problems
with 5.2 and the gnome RPMs from gnome.org.

--
Geoffrey Reedy			 Student Network System Administrator
vader21@imsa.edu		    Illinois Math and Science Academy

"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
                -- DECWARS